Self-Awareness is about being aware of the way you feel and the impact your feelings can have on decisions, behaviour and performance. When we are emotionally self-aware we are present with the role feelings are playing in our decisions, behaviour and performance. When we are not, we are often disconnected from this influence.
The six habits of self aware people are:
- They share what they like and do not like about things. They are open, honest and to the point. You always know where you stand with them.
- They know what emotions and events can contribute to bias in their thinking and decision-making which makes them rational and critical thinkers.
- They always ask themselves why they are responding to things the way they do and what impact are they are having on others.
- They always seek feedback from others on their behaviours and how they impact others.
- They take the time to consider what they can be like in their best and worst mood at work.
- The behave in a way that is consistent with how they describe themselves to be.
Marcus is the leading South African and African Speaker, Teacher, Assessor, and Writer in applied emotional intelligence for leadership, sales, and workplace human development. Marcus is a certified emotional intelligence practitioner with Genos International. Marcus has a platform of ideas, training and human assessments dedicated to the advancement of emotional intelligence in people for people excellence. Marcus speaks to organizations with a wealth of experience in human development and getting ahead in a competitive environment with their greatest assets – their PEOPLE!
For more information on workshops, conferences and human assessments kindly call +27 82 685 8896 or email firstname.lastname@example.org